Becoming a CLE Sponsor
- If your organization has sponsored courses in North Carolina in the past, the CLE department has assigned it a sponsor number. If you do not know your organization's sponsor number, please click here to lookup your sponsor number. Please use your organization's sponsor number when communicating with the CLE department about your application or course(s).
- Complete the Sponsor's Application for CLE Credit form.
Attach the following materials to the form for review by the North Carolina State Bar CLE department: Click here for an application checklist.
- a detailed timeline agenda for the course (View example)
- a complete list of speakers with a brief description of their qualifications (View example)
- a brief description of the program content including the target audience and course objectives
- a list or outline of the course materials (if available)
Please note: Do not send large packets of written materials for review. We only require a list of materials to be distributed to participants. If no written materials are appropriate for the program, please indicate this by attaching an explanatory memo.
All of the above materials, including the application form, are necessary for the CLE department to approve a course for CLE credit. Incomplete application packets cannot be considered for approval and will delay the process for you.
- Once we have received your completed application for credit and reviewed it, we will send you a written response.Please submit your application 50 days prior to the presentation of the CLE activity.